Friday, June 22, 2012

Music for the Journey: Conversations Journal

I spend a lot of time on the road.  Especially travelling around Indiana.  And no matter how you route it, it’s a long way from Indianapolis to Evansville.  Especially if you go via Seymour.  That’s two hundred twenty five miles, give or take a couple of tenths.  So on a recent trip, as usual, I loaded up with music. I pulled out of Indianapolis to Carrie Newcomer.  Then from Seymour to Evansville “God Help the Girl” streamed out of the speaker.   Next up was Jan Krist, an indie artist who composes singable melodies and thoughtful lyrics.... Read more at http://conversationsjournal.com/2012/06/music-for-the-journey/

1 comment:

Robin M. said...

Is this an excerpt from a regular blog for you or a one time post?

I like to sing along, especially when I'm driving, but I'm pretty broad (read: low standards) in my tastes.

A few years ago I realized that I always liked the gospel tune at the end of most bluegrass albums so I went to the store and found a few albums of all bluegrass gospel. It made it easier to listen to some very old-fashioned Christian language while I was still in my Christ-curious phase. I wrote a post about this a few years ago: Bluegrass Gospel Wins Another Soul for Christ I still enjoy singing along to them.