Thursday, June 09, 2011

RsOFL -- Religious Society of Friends and Texting

I admit to geezerhood. So much so that when I first started getting texts on my phone that I often couldn't figure them out. Or figure them out wrong. Like, why were so many of my women friends telling me that they loved me a lot? LOL. Lot's o' Love, right?

I'm not very bright, I know. But now, OMG, BM&Y, I can MYOB and text you about ur's ASAP.

Now, thanks to the crack international research team at the Association of Bad Friends (headed by Helen Gibbs of Cambridge, England and Chuck Fager of Fayetteville, NC), there's a whole new bunch of Quaker txtng stuff I have to learn.

Here's the list that Gibbs and Fager, with help from others on their research team, have come up with so far.

CQUMB -"Chuckling Quietly Under My Breath"?
PFMWHAMS "Please, Friends, May We Have A Moment of Silence?"
CTCTF "Could Thee Clarify That, Friend?"
ITGTHOOH! "I'm Trying To Get The H*** Out Of Here!"
SER "Surreptitious Eye Roll"
TIANTWNHOTM "That Is A Name Which Would NOt Have Occurred To Me"
LYLS "Let your life speak"
ITCR "Is the clock right?"
YKSPTSTAW "You know she planned to say this all week." (Referring to people who take the silence as a moment to deliver a sermonette.)
TFSMM "That Friend speaks my mind"
MANCMTW - "Must avoid nominations committee"
IIWNQ -- "If I was not Quaker!"

AFAIK, 404, Quakes are the only denomination (religion, set, cult, whatever) to come up with their own txtng lingo. For once we're ahead in the game.



ROFLMAO, 4COL



Brent

1 comment: