- Endocrine diseases such as low thyroid levels, progesterone or testosterone imbalances, diabetes (hmmm, I can relate to the latter)
- Bacterial-related ... disorders such as bacterial sinusitis
- Skin infections
- Fungal diseases
- Internal organ diseases (Quakers are prone to Fatty Liver Disease -- again, who knew??)
- Internal parasites such as roundworms and tapeworm (Yikes!)
- Nutritional deficiencies or food allergies
- Ingested allergens, such as:---certain proteins---carbohydrates---chemical additives (preservatives, colors, or flavors)
- Inhaled allergens, such as:---smoke ---perfumes (!!!)---pollen---dust mold
Imagine my relief, after getting all worried about this condition possibly running rampant amongst the multitudes gathering weekly for Meeting when I discovered that QMS afflicts -- birds. Quaker parrots to be exact.
I mean, I feel sorry for the birds that suffer, but am breathing easier that Friends are not afflicted with QMS.
Or are we?