Thursday, October 19, 2006

Spirituality in American Life


We hear lots of talk these days about religion in American life. Especially as the mid-term elections approach and all sides look for ways to stake a claim on religious voters. But we don't hear as much about spirituality in American life. Which is too bad, since those of us who are trying to be spiritually sensitive seem to be becoming more aware of how thin the line is between our daily lives and the sacred.

If you're intrested in the topic of spirituality in the US today, I urge you to take a look at the new website Spirit Scholars. http://www.spiritscholars.com/ It features the work of award winning Detroit Free Press religion writer David Crumm and is an illuminating and helpful site filled with all sorts of good things. I especially enjoy the mini-book reviews (disclaimer: and have to admit that David has been kind to my books). I've bookmarked it as one of my favorites -- and hope you will, too.

--Brent

No comments: