Thursday, January 07, 2021

“This Is My Song (January 7, 2021)”


“This Is My Song (January 7, 2021)”

This is my song, O God of my dear nation,
a song of peace for this loved land of mine;
this is my home, the country where my heart is;
here are my hopes, my dreams, my holy shrine:
but other hearts in this land are beating
with hopes and dreams as true and high as mine.

May truth and freedom come unto this nation;
may peace abound where strife has raged so long;
that each may seek to love and build together,
a land united, righting every wrong;
a people united in love for freedom,
proclaiming peace together in one song.

O hear my song, thou God of this dear nation,
a song of peace for all lands and for mine.



Adapted by me from “This Is My Song”
by Lloyd Stone and Georgia Harkness
Tune: “Finlandia” by Jean Sibelus

1 comment:

Susan L Chast said...

Love! I'm grateful to FGC for bringing me here today.